Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mickey Mouse Birthday

My daughter turned 2!  She loves Mickey Mouse, so I had fun making some Mickey cookies.  I wanted to keep the design simple and fun.  I'm happy with how these turned out and Kate was even happier!  I didn't have a Mickey cookie cutter so I put my variety of circle cutters to the task. 







I don't specialize in cakes.  This is one of the cakes you make for a shaped Wilton pan.  I thought it looked easy and fool-proof.  Well it is fool-proof, but not easy on the arm/wrists!  After piping thousands of stars, my wrist was sore!!!  I'm not sure I will be doing another one of these cakes anytime soon, :)

3 comments:

  1. I now own a Mickey cutter (Thanks to T), a little late, but if you need it, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the frosting/icing on the sugar cookies!! They look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to do the icing on the cookies? they look fabulous!! you did such a great great jo

    ReplyDelete